Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 01 Blog

Unity Tutorial  01 Blog

After finishing the Unity tutorials, I now understand the basics of the program. The tutorials taught me how to import material into "Unity", and how to make basic terrains like mountains, trees, and grass. They also gave me a quick preview of how to code in "Unity" which I then used to make a gem rotate.

I enjoyed adding assets into the game world. After placing more and more objects, the world started to feel alive. The best part was being able to walk around and explore what I just created. I didn't like that all the assets had to be downloaded directly from their website, I would have preferred some to be preinstalled so I could play around with the program more, before moving on to the next set of tutorials.

I'm looking forward to watching more tutorials and improving my knowledge of "Unity". The tutorials were easy enough to follow because of their slow pace. I still find getting around the programmes interface a little difficult because I've never used "Unity" before.

I think I should play around with the "Unity's" interface a little more before moving on to the next set tutorials so I can better familiarize myself with the programme. By doing this I won't struggle as much with the later more in-depth tutorials.

What I created after watching the tutorials

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm  I got my first game idea after looking at endless runner games such as "Temple Run", "Subway Surfers", "Sonic Dash" and "Super Mario Run". I noticed a lot of these games in this genre are on Android and iOS devices. This got me thinking about creating a similar game for PC. The first of these games to become popular was "Temple Run" back in 2011. This game made the genre popular on mobile devices which later inspired the other endless runner games I mentioned. Endless running games have very simple controls, such as jumping over and dodging oncoming obstacles. A player's score is generally determined by how far they travel without hitting any obstacles. The games have simplistic controls but are difficult because you cannot stop the forward momentum of your character. Although these games have different art styles the gameplay is the same.  I think this would be a good type of game to make because the gameplay ...

Introduction Into My (Awesome) Life

The names Conor, and in this blog I want to tell you a little about myself. I'm 20 years old and have lived in Dublin my entire life. I am currently a second-year student studying "Creative Digital Media" in Blanchardstown. I really enjoy my course and plan on getting a job in this industry when I get my degree. I'd describe myself as a determined and hardworking person who loves a good laugh. After working hard in year one it's safe to say I learned a lot. The best class I took last year was photography. I loved that this module required us to go outside to take photos because it offered a nice break from working inside all day. Although I liked most of my modules last year, I found modules that involved film or photography to be the most enjoyable. My goal for this year is to continue working hard and improve on my work. Speaking of working hard, we all need a break every now and again. Over the break, I took the opportunity to travel to several countries, i...

Game Vision Statement

Introduction  "Obsessed" is a first-person platforming game for the PC, designed using the "Unity" game engine. You play the role of a young boy who is obsessed with collecting shiny gems. He sneaks into the forest every morning to get more before his parents wake up. Description Your parents have banned you from accumulating any more gems. You only have a limited time before your parents wake up and find out that your collecting gems, so run! Get as many gems as you can before its too late. Scan the forest well, you never know where those gems could be hiding.  Key Features Light Hearted Soundtrack  Cartoon Art Style  Timed Gameplay Exploration  Platforming  Gem Collection  On-Screen Score Genre The game falls into the genre of a first-person platformer. The games niche genre is fantasy - a forest filled with magic gems.  Platform This game is targeted towards people on the PC platform. This is the games ...