Skip to main content

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Overall, the quality of comments and feedback I received from other students has been positive. All of the comments left on my blog were really friendly and useful. I found the comments on my game blogs the most useful. It allows me to find out what other people think of my game. I like reading other peoples comments because they leave suggestions on how my game could be improved. I also like reading through other peoples comments because it gives me a chance to reflect on my work. 

In my opinion, I have left good quality comments and feedback on other students blogs. I try putting thought into each of my comments because I know how useful it can be. The WOW and TAG feedback strategies have been very helpful to me. I use these strategies to help structure my comments, especially the longer 150-word comments. I'd recommend these feedback strategies to people who are struggling with writing longer, detailed comments because they can almost be used as a guide. 
Analyzing other students writing has given me a few ideas for my own writing. I get a better idea of how other peoples blogs look compared to my own. I also get to see different types of writing styles from my own.

Reading other students blogs has definitely helped with getting to know them better. I found introduction posts the best way to learn more about them. The introduction blogs also helped me to learn more about students I talk to on a daily basis. I'm happy with my introduction post because it was a nice way to start my blog. I'm also happy with my introduction blog because it's my most commented on one.  It provides a nice way for people to get to know me and for me to know them. It's cool when I get comments from people with similar interests to me because I feel like I can relate to them.

Looking forward, I would like to comment more on peoples blogs who have similar interests to my own. I think this would be useful for me and for other students because you can relate more to them.  In my opinion, you're more likely to talk with students from the blog in real life who have similar interests to your own.

Overall, writing comments has helped me learn about other students in the course. It has also helped me to find out what other people think of my work. I'm happy with the blog posts and with how my blog looks. If I was to make any changes, it would be to include more blog posts about ourselves, similar to the introduction blog. 

Feedback
(Image by MorganK)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm  I got my first game idea after looking at endless runner games such as "Temple Run", "Subway Surfers", "Sonic Dash" and "Super Mario Run". I noticed a lot of these games in this genre are on Android and iOS devices. This got me thinking about creating a similar game for PC. The first of these games to become popular was "Temple Run" back in 2011. This game made the genre popular on mobile devices which later inspired the other endless runner games I mentioned. Endless running games have very simple controls, such as jumping over and dodging oncoming obstacles. A player's score is generally determined by how far they travel without hitting any obstacles. The games have simplistic controls but are difficult because you cannot stop the forward momentum of your character. Although these games have different art styles the gameplay is the same.  I think this would be a good type of game to make because the gameplay ...

Introduction Into My (Awesome) Life

The names Conor, and in this blog I want to tell you a little about myself. I'm 20 years old and have lived in Dublin my entire life. I am currently a second-year student studying "Creative Digital Media" in Blanchardstown. I really enjoy my course and plan on getting a job in this industry when I get my degree. I'd describe myself as a determined and hardworking person who loves a good laugh. After working hard in year one it's safe to say I learned a lot. The best class I took last year was photography. I loved that this module required us to go outside to take photos because it offered a nice break from working inside all day. Although I liked most of my modules last year, I found modules that involved film or photography to be the most enjoyable. My goal for this year is to continue working hard and improve on my work. Speaking of working hard, we all need a break every now and again. Over the break, I took the opportunity to travel to several countries, i...

Game Vision Statement

Introduction  "Obsessed" is a first-person platforming game for the PC, designed using the "Unity" game engine. You play the role of a young boy who is obsessed with collecting shiny gems. He sneaks into the forest every morning to get more before his parents wake up. Description Your parents have banned you from accumulating any more gems. You only have a limited time before your parents wake up and find out that your collecting gems, so run! Get as many gems as you can before its too late. Scan the forest well, you never know where those gems could be hiding.  Key Features Light Hearted Soundtrack  Cartoon Art Style  Timed Gameplay Exploration  Platforming  Gem Collection  On-Screen Score Genre The game falls into the genre of a first-person platformer. The games niche genre is fantasy - a forest filled with magic gems.  Platform This game is targeted towards people on the PC platform. This is the games ...