Skip to main content

Week 8 Progress

Judging by the progress chart and my current points I should be able to get an A if I keep working hard. I'm happy with points so far because I wasn't expecting to have this many points at week 8. The extra credit assignments have helped boost my points up a bit. I have done a lot of extra comments and tech tasks. The class assignments I Enjoy the Unity tutorials more than other assignments but don't like writing blogs about them after.

For the second half of the semester, I would like to stay on top of my work. I want to follow my scheduling plan more closely. I've found it difficult to stick to my schedule because things keep popping up. It hasn't necessarily affected my work but sometimes I'm left doing a lot of blogs the weekend when I'd prefer to have them finished during the week. I would like to learn some ways to better my time management. The workload has increased a lot this year and I'm still trying to adapt to the change.

I think I should make a new schedule plan for the end of the semester. My current schedule plan for this module is now a little outdated because I never really follow it. I need to update my schedule because it will help ensure my assignments are finished by their deadlines.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress for this module. I have more points than I expected at the start of the year. Looking forward I'd like to implement a better schedule plan for myself because it's difficult to balance the work at times. 

Progress
(Image by Nick Youngson)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm  I got my first game idea after looking at endless runner games such as "Temple Run", "Subway Surfers", "Sonic Dash" and "Super Mario Run". I noticed a lot of these games in this genre are on Android and iOS devices. This got me thinking about creating a similar game for PC. The first of these games to become popular was "Temple Run" back in 2011. This game made the genre popular on mobile devices which later inspired the other endless runner games I mentioned. Endless running games have very simple controls, such as jumping over and dodging oncoming obstacles. A player's score is generally determined by how far they travel without hitting any obstacles. The games have simplistic controls but are difficult because you cannot stop the forward momentum of your character. Although these games have different art styles the gameplay is the same.  I think this would be a good type of game to make because the gameplay ...

Introduction Into My (Awesome) Life

The names Conor, and in this blog I want to tell you a little about myself. I'm 20 years old and have lived in Dublin my entire life. I am currently a second-year student studying "Creative Digital Media" in Blanchardstown. I really enjoy my course and plan on getting a job in this industry when I get my degree. I'd describe myself as a determined and hardworking person who loves a good laugh. After working hard in year one it's safe to say I learned a lot. The best class I took last year was photography. I loved that this module required us to go outside to take photos because it offered a nice break from working inside all day. Although I liked most of my modules last year, I found modules that involved film or photography to be the most enjoyable. My goal for this year is to continue working hard and improve on my work. Speaking of working hard, we all need a break every now and again. Over the break, I took the opportunity to travel to several countries, i...

Game Vision Statement

Introduction  "Obsessed" is a first-person platforming game for the PC, designed using the "Unity" game engine. You play the role of a young boy who is obsessed with collecting shiny gems. He sneaks into the forest every morning to get more before his parents wake up. Description Your parents have banned you from accumulating any more gems. You only have a limited time before your parents wake up and find out that your collecting gems, so run! Get as many gems as you can before its too late. Scan the forest well, you never know where those gems could be hiding.  Key Features Light Hearted Soundtrack  Cartoon Art Style  Timed Gameplay Exploration  Platforming  Gem Collection  On-Screen Score Genre The game falls into the genre of a first-person platformer. The games niche genre is fantasy - a forest filled with magic gems.  Platform This game is targeted towards people on the PC platform. This is the games ...