Skip to main content

Alpha

I've made a lot of progress with my game since last week. The game is now at a playable stage. You can now run around and collect gems against a timer. After playing the game myself, I could not find many glaring bugs.


My Game From An Arial View

I have a fully working character controller. I fixed the problem by returning to a later version of Unity. The terrain has also seen a big visual improvement. I added new assets, textures, trees, and grass. The maze has been remade using 3D objects. I also spread the collectible gems all over the map. I made 3D cube objects and stretched them across the map border to contain the player. I then turned off their mesh renderers so the walls became invisible. I also did the same for my characters house because the player could walk through the object.

I still need to make a working scoring system. Points will be earned when gems are collected. The main menu also needs to be made. I was getting errors and my game would not play. I'm finding the scoring system a bit tricky but hopefully, I can fix the problem before the end of next week. My minimap is now fixed and the player can now be seen on it. To fix this problem I attached a cube object to the player character. 

Overall I'm happy with my progress because I've caught up with my plan. I was a little behind on meeting my target plan last week because I could not get my character controller to work properly.
 Before the end of next week, I want to improve the look of the terrain, make the main menu and get a working score system. My game should be fully finished and working by next week if all goes according to plan.

An Image Taken While Playing

Updated Maze

Minimap and Timer


Comments

  1. Hey Conor, your game looks really good. I can tell you've put a lot of time effort into making your game. Visually, your game looks really interesting and different. I look forward to seeing the final game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm  I got my first game idea after looking at endless runner games such as "Temple Run", "Subway Surfers", "Sonic Dash" and "Super Mario Run". I noticed a lot of these games in this genre are on Android and iOS devices. This got me thinking about creating a similar game for PC. The first of these games to become popular was "Temple Run" back in 2011. This game made the genre popular on mobile devices which later inspired the other endless runner games I mentioned. Endless running games have very simple controls, such as jumping over and dodging oncoming obstacles. A player's score is generally determined by how far they travel without hitting any obstacles. The games have simplistic controls but are difficult because you cannot stop the forward momentum of your character. Although these games have different art styles the gameplay is the same.  I think this would be a good type of game to make because the gameplay ...

Introduction Into My (Awesome) Life

The names Conor, and in this blog I want to tell you a little about myself. I'm 20 years old and have lived in Dublin my entire life. I am currently a second-year student studying "Creative Digital Media" in Blanchardstown. I really enjoy my course and plan on getting a job in this industry when I get my degree. I'd describe myself as a determined and hardworking person who loves a good laugh. After working hard in year one it's safe to say I learned a lot. The best class I took last year was photography. I loved that this module required us to go outside to take photos because it offered a nice break from working inside all day. Although I liked most of my modules last year, I found modules that involved film or photography to be the most enjoyable. My goal for this year is to continue working hard and improve on my work. Speaking of working hard, we all need a break every now and again. Over the break, I took the opportunity to travel to several countries, i...

Game Vision Statement

Introduction  "Obsessed" is a first-person platforming game for the PC, designed using the "Unity" game engine. You play the role of a young boy who is obsessed with collecting shiny gems. He sneaks into the forest every morning to get more before his parents wake up. Description Your parents have banned you from accumulating any more gems. You only have a limited time before your parents wake up and find out that your collecting gems, so run! Get as many gems as you can before its too late. Scan the forest well, you never know where those gems could be hiding.  Key Features Light Hearted Soundtrack  Cartoon Art Style  Timed Gameplay Exploration  Platforming  Gem Collection  On-Screen Score Genre The game falls into the genre of a first-person platformer. The games niche genre is fantasy - a forest filled with magic gems.  Platform This game is targeted towards people on the PC platform. This is the games ...