Skip to main content

Week 12 Progress

This week I finished working on making loading screens for the game. I also made a GIF of the game logo. This logo can be displayed on different loading screens to show that the game is loading. So far I think I'm on track with my plan. I really enjoy design so I love that I was given this role in the project. I made three different loading screens for the game, each of them has some significance to the game or that time period. I thought it would be a good idea for the loading screens to display these buildings because they played an important role during the Rising.

Loading Screen 1 - GPO


Loading Screen 2 - Four Courts


Loading Screen 3 - 


I was not sure how to make a GIF so I looked on Youtube for a good tutorial. It was made using two separate layers of the same image. The next step was to make convert the layers to smart objects. After that, I selected the "Window" tab and then clicked "Timeline". In the timeline, I used keyframes to give the effect that the image is moving. The GIF was made using only photoshop.

Finished GIF

Tutorial by 2-Minute Design

Comments

  1. Hey Conner,

    I think that you are doing an amazing job and you are certainly off to a great start because the introduction to your game already looks pretty official to me. I like how you got the loading screen design and how you made a GIF because it gives me an idea and also gives me very high hopes that it will turn our amazing and clearly you know what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Into My (Awesome) Life

The names Conor, and in this blog I want to tell you a little about myself. I'm 20 years old and have lived in Dublin my entire life. I am currently a second-year student studying "Creative Digital Media" in Blanchardstown. I really enjoy my course and plan on getting a job in this industry when I get my degree. I'd describe myself as a determined and hardworking person who loves a good laugh. After working hard in year one it's safe to say I learned a lot. The best class I took last year was photography. I loved that this module required us to go outside to take photos because it offered a nice break from working inside all day. Although I liked most of my modules last year, I found modules that involved film or photography to be the most enjoyable. My goal for this year is to continue working hard and improve on my work. Speaking of working hard, we all need a break every now and again. Over the break, I took the opportunity to travel to several countries, i...

Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm  I got my first game idea after looking at endless runner games such as "Temple Run", "Subway Surfers", "Sonic Dash" and "Super Mario Run". I noticed a lot of these games in this genre are on Android and iOS devices. This got me thinking about creating a similar game for PC. The first of these games to become popular was "Temple Run" back in 2011. This game made the genre popular on mobile devices which later inspired the other endless runner games I mentioned. Endless running games have very simple controls, such as jumping over and dodging oncoming obstacles. A player's score is generally determined by how far they travel without hitting any obstacles. The games have simplistic controls but are difficult because you cannot stop the forward momentum of your character. Although these games have different art styles the gameplay is the same.  I think this would be a good type of game to make because the gameplay ...

Game Vision Statement

Introduction  "Obsessed" is a first-person platforming game for the PC, designed using the "Unity" game engine. You play the role of a young boy who is obsessed with collecting shiny gems. He sneaks into the forest every morning to get more before his parents wake up. Description Your parents have banned you from accumulating any more gems. You only have a limited time before your parents wake up and find out that your collecting gems, so run! Get as many gems as you can before its too late. Scan the forest well, you never know where those gems could be hiding.  Key Features Light Hearted Soundtrack  Cartoon Art Style  Timed Gameplay Exploration  Platforming  Gem Collection  On-Screen Score Genre The game falls into the genre of a first-person platformer. The games niche genre is fantasy - a forest filled with magic gems.  Platform This game is targeted towards people on the PC platform. This is the games ...